Thursday, December 8, 2011

Frame your family Christmas cards

I’ve been crunched for time this week, so I haven’t done anything “creative”.  I’m itching to though!  You’d better believe it! 

But I wanted to share something that we have done every year since our oldest child was born.  We started sending out Christmas cards.  We either send out photo Christmas cards or send out a traditional card and include a photo.  Most years our cards have included mom, dad, and the kids.  But a few times over the years, only the kids’ pictures made the cut : )  We save a card a frame it in a festive/Christmas frame.  We then add it to our ever growing collection of family Christmas photos.  Gabe is 11 now, and I count 10 frames in our decorations this year.  We did skip Christmas cards the year I was newly pregnant with Ashby and puking my brains out!  And people called…and emailed.  They wanted to make sure we were okay, since they hadn’t received our card.  They missed us!  Anyway, I get really excited every year when I open the box of framed photos and display them for the few weeks before Christmas.  It’s so fun to see how the kids have grown and the different pictures we have taken over the years.  Oh, and a little tip…if you are using a photo card from Shutterfly, Costco, Snapfish, or some other card template, just order an extra 4x6 or 5x7 print of the Christmas photo to frame.  It fits much better in the frame than the one from the Christmas card itself.

Here is a picture of our little photo display.

Dec 8 2011 023


I never knew it was so difficult to take pictures of “pictures”  Sorry for the bad glare on those top two! 

We like to have fun with it.  In fact, here’s a sneak peak of what will arrive in some of my friends and family’s mailboxes this year…hee hee

Christmas Kids 2011 131

For those procrastinators like me (I know you’re out there), happy decorating!  For those who are finished, you’re are definitely invited over to help me finish mine!

























Linking up to these great parties:

Tickled Pink Fridays @504 Main, Friday Flair at Whipperberry, Pity Party at 30 Days, Feature yourself Friday at FOTF, Weekend Wrap up Party at Tatertots and Jello, Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes


PhotobucketA Crafty Soiree

















Weekend Bloggy Reading







The 36th Avenue
Catch a Glimpse Button


Tip Junkie handmade projects












9 click here to comment:

Audrey @ DefrumpMe

What a GREAT idea! I never thought to do this! I always make Christmas cards each year and save one for myself, but they just end up in some random box stored away. Definitely gonna do your idea from now on! New follower here! :)

Unknown

What a great idea. Your kids are so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my mantel and deer painting. Merry Christmas!

Savannah Granny

FABULOUS IDEA! AWESOME LITTLE ONES!!
Blessing, Ginger

Jeff N Julie

Very lovely, love all the frames and very cute family! Happy holidays! Thanks, Julie

Kei

Such a lovely idea! :)

Holly Lefevre

I am not even close to being done with decorating - just a few meaningful pieces out (and I think I will call it a day!). I love this idea with the frames - what a great idea!

Michelle Paige

Super cute kids! Great idea to frame your past Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I appreciate you taking the time and your kind words.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings

this is great what a fun idea to see them all together. I'd love you to add it to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Lisa

I love this idea! I always save a copy of the card I send out each year, but I've never done anything with them. Thanks for sharing!