Friday, January 13, 2012

Easy Valentines Paper Napkin Wreath

I’ve been painting, cleaning, and sorting through my thrifted goodies all week and am absolutely exhausted!  Like my feet are on backward, and I can hardly walk tired!!!  But this is the happy kind of exhausted.  It’s the feeling that you get when it’s “all done”.  I finally moved into my little booth today.  It’s still a little bare bones, and a bit lacking in color.  I tend toward the more rustic look with lots of wood and metal items.  So, I need to spice it up a bit with some color in the coming days/weeks.  I did manage to put together one little colorful cutie that I’d like to share. 

It’s this super easy napkin wreath that I saw over at Living Locurto in the Fall.  What a great idea!  Thanks Amy!

She used cocktail napkins and a vine wreath.  I used a combination of luncheon napkins and  cocktail napkins and a styrofoam wreath form.

This is seriously so easy!

1- Tear open a package of napkins.  (I got mine from Wal-Mart – 30 for $1.47)
2- Grab the napkin in the middle and twist

Valentine napkin wreath

3- I wrapped my white wreath form with the smaller cocktail napkins, so that nothing would show through in the “empty” spaces.  I secured the napkins using regular straight pins

Jan 13 2012 028

4- Then I poked holes into the wreath form with a pencil, so that I could insert the twisted end of the napkin.

valentines napkin wreath 2

5- Dabbed a little hot glue in the end of each twisted piece and shoved it in the hole as quickly as possible.  Do this all the way around filling each hole with a twisted napkin.  It is surprisingly full looking when you are done!

Paper Napkin Wreath
6- Last, I added a ribbon for hanging and a bow to make it pretty!

Jan 13 2012 051x

Sorry for the sad background, but I forgot to take a decent picture of the completed wreath until I got to my booth today. So, you have some worn bead board and a peek of my banner. Want to see more?


Jan 13 2012 051 



















Here’s a little more of a peek of it hanging over a red rolling cart that I painted.  And here’s my little booth so far…


first booth pic








It’s a little sparse, as I still have several pieces to finish and move in.  And NO that purple and green desk is NOT mine!  It belongs to another vendor, and it’s just there temporarily to give me some flat surface for display.  I know I need color, but not THAT color!  Sorry, I’m sure that purple and green are great for someone’s décor…just not mine.

Thanks for checking out my little space and my happy little wreath!

Happy Friday,








Linking up to these great parties:

Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Thursday, 30 Days Pity Party, Serenity Now- Weekend Bloggy Reading , Friday Flair at Whipperberry, Weekend Wrap up at Tatertots and Jello, Flamingo Toes Think Pink Sundays; I heart Naptime Sundae Scoop link party, Six Sisters Stuff Strut your stuff Saturday, Todays Creative Blog Get your Craft On DIY under $5 at A little TIpsy, 

















Sunday's Best Linky Party!

15 click here to comment:

debbie refresh restyle

What a cute wreath, love it! I need to find some cute napkins! Thanks for the visit!
Have a great weekend!
Debbie

Mindie Hilton

Love the wreath. Hard to believe it's made with napkins. I would love for you to join my weekly anything goes linky fri-monday. I am also having a Valentine contest with prizes for 2 winners starting Mon. the 16th. Hope to see you there.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Savannah Granny

Kim, Love the wreath. Such a neat Idea. Great execution.

The Booth looks awesome. I think it is colorful!

Good luck to you and blessings,

Ginger

A To Zebra Celebrations

I love this tutorial! feel free to share on my party blog here: http://atozebracelebrations.blogspot.com/2012/01/totally-cute-crafts-tuesday.html

first time visiting you ~nancy~

Beth @A Little Country House

Love it! Adorable! Love little things like that, so do my kids!

Pitter and Glink

This is so cute! What a great idea! :)

Jill @ Craft in a Northern Town

Super cute, easy and cheap idea for any occasion/season! I pinned it!

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison

I agree with all. Super cute!

Unknown

Oh! This is just so sweet! And easy! And you could use different napkins for each holiday and have a closet-ful of adorable wreaths!

BTW- I am a new follower!

cathy@my1929charmer

Your wreath is adorable. Love the paper that you used. I love your booth, it is great. How an exciting time for your. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Six Sisters

This is such a cute wreath! We would love to have you come share this at our weekly link party every Saturday! -The Sisters

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com

Katy

So cute! You are very creative, I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

Lolly Jane

Hahah!! That purple/green combo has GOT to go! LOVE the wreath! Just pinned it. Adorable!!

Camille

This is so dang cute! I would have never guessed that they were napkins! I am pinning this right now!
Camille @
SixSistersStuff
PS Thanks for linking up! We would love to have you stop by again tomorrow and share more of your amazing ideas!

Jaime Lyn

:o) I love your wreath my friend! It is wonderful! And I love that you won't claim the purple and green desk :o) he he!
Jaime