Monday, January 9, 2012

A new year with new adventures

It has been a while since I have posted on the ole blog, and I have really missed it.  I’m not one of those people who makes a jump into the new year with both feet and tons of plans to get fit, organized, and perfect in 30 days or less!  I tend to ease into a new year making my plans slowly and deliberately.  So, that’s what I’ve been up to, and that doesn’t make for much fun blogging content.

But….I did mention in my last post that I really wanted to try my hand at some furniture painting in the new year.  I’ve been reading, researching, and taking notes on furniture painting and refinishing for months.  I’ve even been hoarding collecting furniture pieces in my garage to re-do when the time was right.  Well… I think the time is right!  I got the call at the end of last week that there is a booth opening in a resale shop that I looked into before Christmas.  I was on the waiting list, and now it’s available.  Folks, it looks like “TODAY IS MY SOMEDAY”!!  It’s a big step for me.  I have one week to fill up a booth with goodies to sell.  But, I’m excited to see how this goes.  It’s been a little dream of mine for quite some time.

In preparation for this big event, I won a Wagner Power Painter Max from The DIY Show Off in November. 
I submitted this picture of my “unfinished” projects and was selected as the winner of the awesome paint sprayer.  I guess they could see I needed help!

Nov 2 2011 012


I’m hoping to have my little corner of the world look a little something like this:

(Source)

or this…
Pinned Image

(source)


or why not dream big and go for this?

(source)


However it turns  out, it’ll be my little corner of creativity.  And we’ll just see where it goes from there. 

Local friends, my items will be located at Two Women and a Warehouse in Pooler.  You can find the address and store hours here www.vintagefurnituresavannah.com

Until next time, I’ll be painting like crazy!











3 click here to comment:

Leasa

So happy for you!!! I'm sure every last piece will be great.

Beth Hollman

WoW Kim!! Your only limitation is your imagination..dream BIG! Congratulations! I'm so incredibly proud of you!!

Savannah Granny

Oh KIM, I am so excited for you! I will absolutely be visiing you in your space. Let's do a guest host at Savannah Granny when you are ready!
Blessings, Ginger