Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Pink Cheeks




This is a picture of me and my daddy. 




It is one of only a few candid pictures that I have of the 2 of us. He was not one for pictures, and come to think of it, I'm not really one to be in pictures either. Maybe you can see why? Do you notice the "pink" in our faces? I have fought that pink shine on my cheeks ever since I was a teenager and first started wearing makeup. I've used foundation and powder; cremes with green undertones, anti-shine serums, and just about everything else I can think of to tone down the pink. I never need blush! It wasn't until I saw this picture, which was taken 4 years ago, that I realized where my pink comes from- my precious daddy. My daddy died of stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer only a few months after this picture was taken. He was only 56 years old. I still miss him every day. I still don't LOVE the pink in my cheeks, but I've come to appreciate that it came from my daddy, and it will probably always be a part of me. It's a visual reminder that he's a part of me every time I look in the mirror.

Hold the ones you love tightly.  Kiss them; hug them; tell them that you love them.  You just never know when all you'll have left is a memory.


**this post was inpired by Laura at Pink Cake Plate Diaries.  She is doing a series "31 Days of Pink" in honor of breast cancer awareness.  She asked me to be a part of her 31 days and submit a photo with pink and tell what it meant to me**





Linking up to these great parties: 
Serenity Now Weekend Bloggy Reading

7 click here to comment:

Michelle Paige

What a lovely post and picture of you and your dad. I've always wanted 'pink' cheeks. Cherish those memories!

Betsy

Such sweet thoughts! It's always a blessing to find the little gifts (kisses) that God provides us - often exactly where we wouldn't expect! May God continue to bless you!

Anonymous

That is the sweetest post!
Catherine

Michele Smith

What a sweet post!

Lolly Jane

So tender. Sorry your dad passed away, that's got to be so hard. We're really close with our dad. I don't think you have a pink face, lol! My kid's inherited their dad's webbed toe (just on 1 of their feet, 2 toes) and I tell them one day they'll appreciate it. Have a great day! XOXO

Unknown

Ok, I needed that today! Thanks for sharing.

Savannah Granny

That is such a beautiful picture of the two of you. I know it is very special as was he. I am so glad you have his pink cheeks. Ginger