Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Green Spray Painted Rattan Head Boards


Yes!  I said SPRAY PAINTED!  Normally, my rule of thumb is that I don’t like to spray paint anything except wicker or metal.  But I found these wonderful rattan twin headboards at a local thrift store and knew they needed some fresh color for Spring.







rattanheadboardbefore.jpg


There are so many nooks and crannies in these headboards, that I just couldn’t imagine spending a ton of time painting these with a brush.  Plus, I wanted them a little *shiny*.  So, I went with my go-to spray paint Rustoleum x2.  I used “Leafy Green” for a fresh Spring look.  Once they were dry, I sealed them with a spray on clear coat for extra durability.  


spring green rattan headboard.jpg


I think these headboards are sooo much happier now!  Here’s hoping they find their way to a beach house nearby soon….



Happy Spring…
  

Linking up to these great parties:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm, 
Knock our Socks off Party at Mom4Real

5 click here to comment:

Unknown

I love the color. Wish I cold find a bed like this. Great job, from your newest follower.

reFresh reStyle

I do love green and they are beautiful!!
Debbie

Recreate and Decorate

Yes they are great! I do love that green.

Linda@Coastal Charm

Oh yes...they would look great in a beach house or condo...very pretty color.

Blessings,
Linda

Savannah Granny

Kim, that is my favorite green. I painted several tables for my porches with it.
Love the beds, they turned out great, I am sure they will find a home soon.
Hugs, Ginger